1 package egg roll wrappers
1 lb ground pork (makes 25 egg rolls)
1 medium jícama (1/2 cup)
⅔ cup chopped onion
⅛ cup wood ear mushrooms, chopped
½ cup bean thread noodle, cut into 1"-1.5" threads
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp sugar
Egg Roll Wrap Sealer
¼ cup water and 1 tbsp flour, microwaved until barely boiling
- Soak bean threads in hot tap water and mushrooms in 40-second microwaved hot tap water until soft. About 30 minutes.
- Shred or finely chop onion and squeeze excess moisture out by hand. Add ½ tsp salt to jícama, microwave until slightly soft and squeeze excess moisture out by hand.
- When soft, chop bean thread noodles and mushrooms.
- Add bean thread, mushrooms, onion, salt, pepper, and sugar into a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Add pork and mix well. Add jícama last and mix well.
- Wrap the egg rolls and fry at 325°F until golden brown and fully cooked inside. About 12-16 minutes per batch.