- 2 pre-made pizza dough (or best pizza dough recipe)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped peppers
- 4-5 medium ripe tomatoes seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons (45 grams) olive oil
- 1 cup shredded firm mozzarella
- ¼ -1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- extra olive oil for brushing
- Pre-heat oven to 450° (250° celsius). Lightly grease a large pizza pan.
- In a large bowl mix together mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Gently mix together. Set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough and form 2-4 long strips approximately 4 inches x 10 inches (10×30 centimeters), place one strip on pizza pan and spoon some tomato mixture along the strip (try not to add the tomato water), cover with 2nd strip, with finger tips dipped in water seal the seams, twist gently (easier if you twist starting at the top to the middle then from the bottom to the middle, always leaving the strip on the pan) then brush with olive oil and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Continue with rest of strips. Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes until golden. Let sit 3-5 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!
You should get 2 strips per pre-made pizza dough.