- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Combine all the rub ingredients. Mix well.
- Rub the mixture all over the spare ribs. Let is stay for 10 minutes.
- Heat the grill to 250F (we need to grill this in low heat for best results). Grill one side for 1½ hours. Turn the ribs over to grill the other side. continue to grill for 1 hour.
- Remove from the grill. Let it rest for 15 minutes. Slice the ribs.
- Serve with eggplant salad and shrimp paste — and rice, of course.