- 1 pound shrimp, head and shell on
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup Shao Xing Cooking wine
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne red pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ cups cooking oil
- Wash the shrimp with running water. Drain the water and place the shrimp in a bowl.
- Add garlic salt and ground black pepper. Mix the ingredients either by tossing using your hands.
- Add the cooking wine. Toss and ensure that all the ingredients are well blended. Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, and ground cayenne red pepper. Mix well.
- Heat a cooking pot or a deep frying pan or wok. Pour cooking oil. Let the oil get hot until it reaches 325F.
- Dredge the marinated shrimp in the flour mixture. Make sure that the shrimp is coated all throughout.
- Fry one side of the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes or until it turns dark orange and the texture gets crispy. Turn it over and do the same with the other side.
- Remove the crispy nilasing na hippo from the cooking pot and place in a plate lined with paper towel.
- Arrange in a serving plate and serve with spicy vinegar.
- Share and enjoy!
Copyright © 2017 | PinoyAlbums Group